The Tees Valley Music Education Hub (TVMEH) is looking for a new Chair for its Music Education Hub Advisory Board.
The TVMEH works with the four local authorities of Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees and Redcar & Cleveland. Tees Valley Music Service is the lead partner in the Music Education Hub and it works collaboratively with key local, regional and national partners to ensure that all children in our region have access to a rich variety of musical opportunities.
Teesside is an area which a rich and diverse musical culture, and the music-making of the young people from our area has always had a high profile, both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for an inspirational and motivated Chair of the Tees Valley Music Education Hub Advisory Board who will support the Hub with its mission; help us celebrate what we already do and support us to develop new opportunities for our area.
The Chair of the Tees Valley Music Hub Advisory Board is a non-salaried position (travel expenses will be reimbursed) and would suit someone who has a strong background in business and/or education, and has time to support the Hub to develop its role and remit.
Main Responsibilities of the Chair
The key responsibility of the Chair will be to facilitate 3 meetings of the Music Education Hub Advisory Board a year (one per term). Meetings typically last for 1.5 hours.
You will work closely with the Board Members in partnership to plan the annual cycle of meetings, set the agendas and work within the agreed Terms of Reference of the Board. You will also:
- Support the Board to develop membership.
- Support the Hub Board, Partners and TVMS as lead partner to deliver the Music Hub Core and Extension roles as set out in the National Plan for Music Education.
- Monitor that the decisions taken at Board meetings are implemented.
- Work with the Board and TVMS as lead partner to oversee the allocation of Hub grant funding, support with the development of new income streams and support the Board in fostering relations with potential funders/donors.
- Represent the Tees Valley Music Education Hub at appropriate events and meetings.
- Act as a critical friend, advising and challenging the Hub lead organisation and Partners where necessary.
Essential Qualities of the Chair
The Chair of the Tees Valley Music Education Hub will have:
- A commitment to Tees Valley Music Education Hub and music education
- Leadership ability
- Strategic vision
- Good indepndant judgement
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For an informal chat about the post please call Susan Robertson, Service Manager of TVMS on 01642 603600 or email TVSRobertson@tvms.org.uk.
If you would like to apply for this post please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the Qualities of the Chair (as outlined above) and the knowledge, skills and experience you could bring to the role. Please send your application to Susan Robertson at TVSRobertson@tvms.org.uk.
You can post your application if you prefer to Susan Robertson, Service Manager, Tees Valley Music Service, Bishopton Road West, Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside, TS19 0QH.