1. All pupils must be registered with TVMS to receive tuition (with or without instrument hire), band, and orchestra or choir membership. This ensures our service is fair to all.
2. Any change of address or circumstances, including benefit entitlement, must be sent in writing immediately to TVMS offices. This information is vital if your child is part of a band, orchestra or choir or out of school activity as this will be the contact in event of any emergency.
3. The 38 week academic year is September to July. We aim to offer your child a minimum of 30 lessons per academic year. Lesson numbers are reduced pro rata if your child registers part way through the academic year.
4. Your child will not be offered a lesson every week as some weeks are dedicated to workshops and staff ensembles in schools, training for TVMS staff/teachers and instrumental examinations.
5. TVMS will provide a progress report to pupils receiving tuition during the academic year.
6. Any lessons offered over the 30 lessons will be charged separately. TVMS will inform you when this is about to happen, subject to availability.
7. Lessons are subject to change depending on group size and pupil’s length of learning. Individual lessons are available and vary in length of time (20 or 30 minute lessons). Teachers will advise on the most suitable lesson length for your child if they receive 1:1 tuition.
8. Lessons offered during the school day will usually involve pupils being withdrawn from their normal school classes. Times and dates for lessons in schools are arranged with the school and our teaching staff in order to accommodate other activities.
9. Some secondary schools operate a rota of times to ensure the same lessons are not missed but this may not be possible at all sites. It is each pupil’s responsibility to check their weekly instrumental or vocal lesson times on a weekly basis with the music department weekly for the current timetable.
10. TVMS Staff are not responsible for escorting pupils to and from lessons and are only responsible for pupils during their actual tuition time.
11. Taster tuition will be offered for a minimum of 5 weeks. If your child does not attend all 5 lessons there is no refund of fees. Two fee instalments must be paid up front to start Taster tuition.
12. If you do not wish to continue tuition after the taster five weeks it is your responsibility to cancel the tuition with TVMS (not with the school or teacher) before the 5 weeks conclude to avoid future charges. After this point the tuition will automatically transfer to ‘Beginner status’ and our standard Charging, Cancellation and Refund Policy, and Standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
13. Pupils in year 12, 13 and 14 (sixth form/college) will receive individual tuition in 30 minute sessions.
14. All tuition and instrument hire for Beginner, Continuing and One to One pupils will carry a minimum of one and a half term’s commitment. See Charging Policy for cancellation deadline dates.
15. Tuition may be withdrawn in the event of disruptive or anti-social behaviour by either the pupil or parent/carer or poor attendance. No credit will be available in this instance. Memberships
16. Membership to Central and Premier Ensembles involves a commitment for the whole year. Membership and benefits may be withdrawn at any time if a student defaults on attendance at rehearsals and concerts/events.
17. Lessons and memberships will continue term on term and year on year, even when a child transfers to secondary school, until written notice is received at TVMS office to advise us of your decision to cancel lessons/memberships. Our teachers are not office based so we will advise the teacher of your decision at the earliest possible opportunity. Please email email@example.com to receive an acknowledgement of your cancellation request.
Alternatively send a letter to TVMS, Bishopton Road West, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 0QH. Please note you will be liable to pay instalments until the end of the term in which we received your written cancellation. If you cancel tuition and the target number of lessons have been offered you will be required to pay instalments to the end of the academic year, even if your child does not attend. No refund will be given for ensemble fees.
18. TVMS reserves the right to change Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be advised at least 1 month in advance of any changes to monthly instalments. If your child ends up being taught in a lesson on a one to one basis the individual charging rates will apply one month from the TVMS office being informed of this change.
19. Once pupils enter Year 12, Year 13 and /or Year 14 tuition at sixth form/college, our music and vocal tuition will be delivered individually in 30 minute sessions to pupils.
20. The TVMS Charging Policy applies to all instrumental and vocal tuition, instrument hire and ensemble memberships provided by the service. See Charging Policy for full details.
21. Failure to pay instalments by the due date will result in your child’s lesson or band/orchestra/choir membership being suspended until payment is received.
22. Please note that any weeks where tuition is suspended due to failure to pay monthly instalments by the due date, weekly lesson numbers will continue be counted as part of the annual total as our teaching staff have been allocated to deliver tuition at this time.
23. If your child is unable to attend a lesson due to any reason outside the control of TVMS (eg Illness, forgotten instrument) this will count towards the lesson offered count. We do not charge if our teacher is absent.
24. Pupil absences with less than 48 hours’ notice given will be charged for.
25. Refunds for undelivered lessons will be made at the end of the academic year, not on a term by term basis.
26. If you are eligible for remission, evidence to support your entitlement must be presented at the time of registering or as soon as you are awarded entitlement. Retrospective claims cannot be processed. See the Charging Policy for entitlement details.
27. You will be notified of the increase in tuition fees after your child has received their first year of beginner tuition. A new payment schedule will be issued at this point.
28. You are strongly recommended to insure any instrument on loan on an ‘all-risks’ basis. You are responsible for the full cost of damage to the instrument other than ‘fair wear and tear’. This responsibility also applies should the instrument be lost or stolen. TVMS is unable to provide recommendations to individual companies.
29. TVMS does not accept liability for loss or damage to pupils’ instruments or personal possessions.
30. The instrument must be kept in good order and maintained in the manner recommended by the Instrumental teacher/Support Service Manager – Alan Rutter. All hired instruments can be brought in to TVMS free of charge on an annual basis for a maintenance check.
31. Repairs may only be arranged by TVMS and must not be attempted by any other person.
32. It is your responsibility to purchase replacement strings, reeds and accessories.
33. Any hired TVMS instrument remains your responsibility until cancellation is complete and confirmation of return of instrument is provided by TVMS. If an instrument is not returned to TVMS when tuition ceases, you will be invoiced for the full replacement value.